Please visit the Admitted Students Page for the most up-to-date information.
Important Dates Fall 2022
July 25: English for American Law Schools begins
August 22: LL.M. Orientation and Introductory Classes Begin
August 29: Fall Semester Begins
Visit the Law School Academic Calendar for additional important date during the semester.
New York State law requires all students to complete mandatory health forms and submit them to St. John’s University. Submission deadline for the Fall2021 semester is June 30. All enrolled students are required to submit the following:
- Immunization Form (PDF): Proof of immunization to Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR)
- Meningitis Form (PDF): Proof of vaccination or waiver stating you understand the risks of not being vaccinated
- Medical History and Examination Form (PDF): Required by the University for all new students.
Please note that many students need to visit their doctor to secure these forms. Please allow time to schedule this appointment and for your doctor to complete the health forms.
Pursuant to New York State Public Health Laws 2165 and 2167, these requirements apply to students who are studying in person, and to students who are studying online (regardless of location). If you do not submit the required health forms your course registration and Law School enrollment will be cancelled.
All students with an F-1 or J-1 visa are required to participate in the University’s accident and sickness insurance plan. This insurance is mandatory for the student’s entire enrollment at the University. Students will be enrolled in the Health Insurance plan approximately two weeks after paying their bill and confirming their course enrollment. If you need to see a medical provider before your enrollment is processed, you should pay the provider directly and them submit the information to the health insurance for reimbursement (minus any copay).
When you are enrolled you will receive an email, to your St. John’s email account, from the insurer. If you do not see it in your inbox, please check your junk mail.
That email will include instructions on how to create a login for their insurance policy.
You will need to go to https://www.empireblue.com/register/.
This should give you access to create an account.
You will be able to download their card after you create your account.
If you have trouble, please call 1-844-412-0752, for support from the Health Insurer.
Apply for a Student Visa
f you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (Green card holder), you will work with the St. John’s International Student & Scholar Services Office (ISSSO) to start the U.S. student visa application process. The ISSSO webpage includes information on:
- Applying for Your Student Visa
- Arriving F-1 and J-1 Students
- Certifications and Credentials
- How to get your I-20 Form
Pay Tuition and Confirm Classes
- Log-in to UIS using single signon signon.stjohns.edu (see Email, UIS, and IT instructions to set up single signon)
- Select UIS and click on Student & Financial Aid
- Click on Registration
- Click on View/Confirm Term Bill – Choose Spring 2021 – Review your Spring 2021 charges and credits
- Select the term you want to confirm (Summer or Fall 2021) from the drop down menu
- Please review your tuition charges and credits carefully to confirm that your tuition is correct and your scholarship, if offered, has been applied, before paying your term bill. If you have questions about your bill or how your scholarship was applied, please contact Sheila Aronson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Once you have paid your term bill, scroll down and click “Confirm Enrollment”
- If you owe nothing or have a credit, you still must confirm your registration by clicking on the Confirm Registration button on View/Confirm Term Bill
St John’s University has partnered with Flywire to provide our international students with an easy and secure method to send international payments in your home currency. More information can be found on the Financial Services Payment Options page.